Wednesday 28 June 2017

Most Useful English Phrases for Emergency Situations

Here are some English phrases and exclamations for emergency situations. They can not only help you during your studies abroad but also be helpful to other people.

english-phrases-for-emergency-situations

Note that in a genuine emergency, call 000. The person who answers will ask you if you want the Police, an Ambulance or the Fire Brigade.

Emergency phrases in English

Asking for help

Help!/ Somebody help!/ Can anyone help!/ Please help me!/ Help me! I’m here.

Warning someone of danger

Look out!/ Watch out!

Be careful!

Fire

Fire!

Can you smell burning?

There’s a fire!

The building’s on fire!

Hurry!

Call/find an ambulance/ the police/ fire brigade!

Crime

Stop, thief!

There’s been a theft/ a burglary/ an accident!

Call the police!

I’ve been mugged/ attacked/ hit/ shot!

I’d like to report a theft/ a stolen briefcase.

My handbag/ wallet/ purse/ laptop/ phone’s been stolen.

Something has been stolen.

My car/house/apartment’s been broken into.

Comforting someone

Calm down!

Don’t worry.

Take it easy!

It’s gonna be fine/ okay/ alright/ good (soon)!

It won’t hurt.

I’ve got a steady hand.

Medical emergencies

Call an ambulance.

I need a doctor.

There’s been an accident.

Please hurry!

He’s not breathing.

Does anyone know how to do CPR? (CPR: a life saving technique used when someone has stopped breathing.)

I’ve cut/ burnt myself.

I’m having trouble breathing.

I can’t breathe/ see.

I’m choking.

My eyes are stinging.

I’ve been hurt/ injured.

Are you OK?

Is everyone OK?

Other difficult situations

I'm lost.

We're lost.

We don’t know where we are.

We’ve forgotten where we are staying.

I’ve forgotten the name of my hotel.

I’ve lost my wallet/ purse/ camera.

I’ve been stuck/ locked inside.

I can't find my keys/ passport/ phone.

Leave me alone, please!

Go away!

I’m starving/ so thirst/ so tired/ exhausted.

Safety guide for international students in Australia

Scots English College endeavours to create a safe environment at our campus in Sydney for all our students and staff. We also try to provide students with relevant and useful information about personal safety. This international student safety guide provides you with some basic information about your safety and security. Please read it carefully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment