Thursday 6 July 2017

30 Alternative Ways of Saying "Do You Understand Me?"

What are some alternative ways of saying “Do you understand me?”

ways-of-saying-do-you-understand-me

“Do you understand me?”, “Do you hear me?”, “Do you understand what I say?” are common ways to verify that people are following/ understanding you when you speak. Still, not everyone knows about these 30 alternative expressions in English. 

1. Am I getting my point across?

2. Are you following me?

3. Are you with me on this?

4. Did I explain that well?

5. Dig? = Understand?

6. Does that make any sense?

7. Does that sound okay to you?

8. Don’t you see?

9. Do you get it?

10. Do you get me?

11. Do you get my point?

12. Do you get the message?

13. Do you get the picture?

14. Do you hear what I’m saying?

15. Do you know what I am talking about?

16. Do you know what I mean?

17. Do you see?/ You see?

18. Do you see what I mean?

19. Do you see where I’m coming from?

20. Get my drift?

21. Have I explained that okay?

22. I hope I am getting my point across.

23. I hope I’ve explained myself well.

24. I hope you can see things from my perspective.

25. Is it clear?

26. Is there any doubt?

27. Know what I’m saying?

28. You are with me, right?

29. You get it?

30. You get what I am saying, right?
Do you want to improve your English and communication skills? Then study with us at Level 11, 99 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000. We are committed to the highest quality of educational outcomes and the provision of quality student services evident through the delivery of our range of English language courses to international students. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment